Shipping and Return Policy
We roast and ship your coffee the day after we process your order. Similarly, for all other non-coffee merchandise, we require one day to process and fulfill your order. We ship Monday-Friday, except holidays.
By default we ship packages via USPS Priority. Other UPS shipping options are also available for those who need something shipped quickly. However, all orders placed after 3pm on Thursday won’t be processed until Sunday afternoon, for Monday shipping, which affects expedited shipping timeliness for those orders. Four Barrel does not guarantee the arrival time of a package. Once we relinquish our coffee/merchandise to USPS or UPS, it is beyond our control. We can, however, assist you to track your package and help ensure that you do receive the freshly roasted coffee.
Customers may return mugs, or any other defective non-coffee merchandise for a full refund (minus shipping) or merchandise exchange within 30 days from the shipment date. Returned items must be in their original and undamaged packaging. Just mail them back to us with the original shipping label or receipt and we’ll credit your card within 30 days after receiving your return. If you could also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you are returning your item and whether you want to be refunded (minus shipping) or want a replacement item.
We apologize, but our coffee beans are not returnable or refundable at any time. However, if you have any issues with your coffee, or if there are errors in your order, please contact us at email@example.com or 415.252.0800. We will do everything that we can to ensure that you are satisfied.
We do not ship internationally.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you place an order.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
• To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
• To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account/control panel and going to the \’Edit Profile\’ page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
This policy was last modified on 12/02/2010
375 Valencia St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
1. Your fourbarrelcoffee.com Account. You agree that you are liable for purchases made through your fourbarrelcoffee.com Account and assume responsibility for taking reasonable action to safeguard your account information to prevent unauthorized purchases. You further agree to notify the Company promptly should you become aware of any actual or potential compromise of your Account information so that Company may take appropriate actions to safeguard the Company’s legal interests.
2. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which fourbarrelcoffee.com links, and that link to fourbarrelcoffee.com. Fourbarrel does not have any control over those non-FourBarrel websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-FourBarrel website or webpage, Fourbarrel does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, and other harmful or destructive content. The Company disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Company websites and webpages.
3. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As the Company asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by fourbarrelcoffee.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Fourbarrel in accordance with Fourbarrel’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) Policy. Fourbarrel will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
4. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from the Company to you any Company or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with the Company. Fourbarrel, fourbarrelcoffee.com, the fourbarrelcoffee.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with fourbarrelcoffee.com, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fourbarrel or Fourbarrel’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Company or third-party trademarks.
5. Changes. Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Company may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
6. Termination. Company may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your fourbarrelcoffee.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Company and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither the Company nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Company, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; or (iii) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to the Company. Company shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
10. Etcetera. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Company and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of the Company, or by the posting by the Company of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California.